Monday, October 3, 2011

The pain of correction

The other morning, one of my kids came to class crying. She had just had casts taken off both of her legs and was wearing corrective shoes. The hope was that after casting and wearing the shoes for a set amount of time, her club feet would be corrected. The shoes were obviously causing her pain and there was nothing I could do to help ease her pain. I wanted to somehow look at her and tell her that even though it was painful, in the end, it would be worth the pain. I wanted to somehow explain to her that there was purpose behind it and something good would come out of her present pain, whether it was the ability to walk or even just wear shoes.

As I sat with her and felt such great sympathy, I wondered if that is how our Father sees us while we are walking through a season of pain. I wonder if He just wants to hold our faces, look straight into our eyes and say “It’s okay child. The pain will be worth the outcome. I am working something beautiful out of this pain.”

Jeremiah 10: 23-24 “I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle…”

Romans 8:26, 28 “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness…and we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”

Proverbs 15:5 “…whoever learns from correction is wise.”




No comments:

Post a Comment