Sunday, October 21, 2012

New mercies each morning

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
Lamentations 3:21-23
 
This morning I was reminded of his mercy beginning afresh each day when, after writing last night's post about being fearful to love because of my fear of loss, I read the following:
 
My child, today is a gift of My love. Your very life is a gift of My love for you. I want you to live as a child of love. I want you to reflect that love in your relations with others. Since I am the Source and Giver of life, there is no shortage of supply. Only if you interpose your self-driven life in these relationships will the flow of My life be impeded. Make the day brighter around you by denying your darkness and letting My light shine through you. Today is a gift of My love. Live as a child of My love.         -Echoes of Eternity, October 21st
 
I am not always aware of His mercies; I don't consciously wake up each morning wondering what "new mercies" are in store (as if waking up to another day isn't mercy enough...) but this morning it was blatanly obvious and there was no way to miss what He wanted my heart to hear and know in response to my fear. To love. Regardless of...just love.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment