Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Planes, trains, and automobiles...

Let's not forget buses and taxis, and the occasional scooter ride!

The past two months have been a whirlwind, to say the least. Busy, crazy, friends and on-the-go filled months. I am currently sitting at the airport in Hong Kong waiting on a flight to Beijing. I am just here for a few hours...long enough to say I've exited China and am good for 90 more days. I almost feel like I have spent more time on planes, trains, buses and other modes of transportation than in my own room. But it has been good. Busy, but good.

In the busyness of the past few months, I have not done a very good job of keeping up with my blog. So, here's a glance at the past few months in photos of going to and fro...enjoy :)

December...

In December, I met a new friend who also works in orphan care in a nearby town. She came for the weekend and we took the bus a few hours one day to visit Shaolin Temple, home to Kung Fu. The views from here were pretty amazing.


Pagodas



December also brough three much-welcomed Christmas guests to China!!
After a few days at MBHOH, Laura and I boarded the overnight train Beijing to meet up with Leanne and Robin

Quite cozy and we lucked out and got our own cabin!

Visiting The Great Wall

These views never get old. Amazing.
Well, I guess technically they are old,
so I guess I should say it doesn't get old to see them :)

What's China without pandas?

And what's Beijing without a trip to Starbucks?
I love this picture because it's some of my sweet friends from home meeting some of my new friends in China

 January...

The big adventure this month was a weekend trip to Harbin, where they host an ice festival each year. We went in time to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Happy Year of the Dragon!

Meet the sleeper bus


Harbin Tiger Reserve


Snow Park


Ice and Snow Festival




February brings two more friends to China. They are en-route right now and will arrive tonight. We will do the Beijing sites tomorrow, Great Wall on Friday, then fly to Luoyang Friday night to welcome them to our home sweet home. So excited! :)

It has been really neat to see how God has provided for me this winter in many ways that I didn't even know I needed. One of the things Mikey told me about before I came (well, maybe it was more like "warned" me about) was that the winters in Luoyang have great potential for feeling very lonely and isolating. Thankfully that has not been the case this winter. I am grateful that He has filled what could potentially have been a very difficult time with visits from friends and time spent with new friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment