Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Knitting, anyone? (Or crochet?)

Calling all my knitting friends and friends of friends...
(*crochet pattern added below)

If you love to knit or know someone who does, I'd like to ask for your help with a project we are working on for our nannies here at Maria's Big House of Hope...

Each year our nannies (called "ayis") are given a small Christmas gift from the staff as a thank you for caring so well for our babies. These ladies truly do pour so much love into those that they are called to care for.

This past fall I was sent several pairs of knitted slippers from a friend and our ayis love them. I thought it would be really neat to give them each a pair this coming Christmas. I know it sounds way too early to start thinking of next Christmas, but we will need 250 pairs, so I wanted to be sure to get a head start.

*Here's where your help comes in...*
If you knit, would you consider helping us by commiting to knit some slippers? It can be 10, 20, 30...100...whatever you would be willing to do between now and November. I am attaching a few photos and can email you the pattern if interested. You can get as creative as you would like with the colors. If you don't knit but know someone who does, please feel free to forward this info along.
(Crochet pattern: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4739&cps=21191)

 
If you could email me by February 15th and let me know if you would be willing to help and how many you would be able to make, I would so appreciate it! Email: beckymc121781@gmail.com

Thank you!!!


(The other pictures were taking forever to upload...
email me if you want to see more sample pictures)

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! unfortunately i'm not a knitter but have passed this on to a few friends that are :) hopefully they can help!!

    ReplyDelete